IRCM scholarships for young researchers – 2018 summer internships - Deadline : February 23, 2018
The IRCM scholarship competition for young researchers offers undergraduate students an enriching opportunity to conduct a 12 to 16 week summer internship in a renowned multidisciplinary environment that groups together 33 research units in five research divisions.
**The deadline of February 23, is for the scholarship competition. There is no deadline to apply for an internship. For more details, consult the following section.
LIST OF PARTICIPATING LABORATORIES
Systems Biology and Medicinal Chemistry research division
Biochemistry of Epigenetic Inheritance | Director: Nicole Francis
Chromatin and genomic expression | Director: François Robert
RNA biology | Director: Éric Lécuyer
Cancer and Genetic Diseases research division
Molecular genetics and development | Director: Marie Trudel
Cytoskeletal organization and cell migration | Director: Jean-François Côté
Immunity and Viral Infections research division
Mechanisms of genetic diversity | Director: Javier M. Di Noia
Molecular oncology | Director : André Veillette
Human retrovirology | Director: Éric A. Cohen
Immune Regulation | Director: Woong-Kyung Suh
Cardiovascular and metabolic diseases research division
Integrative and molecular physiology | Director: Mathieu Ferron
Nutrition, Lipoproteins and Cardiometabolic Diseases | Director: May Faraj
Molecular Mechanisms of Diabètes | Director: Jennifer Estall
Neurobiology and development research division
Molecular Biology of Neural Development | Director: Frédéric Charron
Molecular genetics | Director : Jacques Drouin
Neuroethics | Director: Eric Racine
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent Canadian resident or a foreign student with a permit to work in Canada
- Be enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline related to biomedical research
- Have completed at least one year of an undergraduate program by June 1, 2018
- Demonstrate a strong interest in biomedical research and undertaking graduate studies
- Have maintained a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3 out of 4.3 (77%, B +, 15 out of 20, or equivalent)
- Never have received an IRCM Young Researcher Award
- Must obtain the support of a laboratory director before submitting the application
Award value: $2000.00
The scholarship supplement will be paid by the principal investigator in accordance with IRCM regulations.
Application deadline: February 23, 2018
Start date of the internship: May 2018
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION
1- Contact the unit directors of your choice directly by submitting your CV, cover letter and transcripts.
2- When you have the support of a unit director, your application (see below) must be sent as one single PDF document by the laboratory director supporting the application to : email@example.com by the deadline.
Your application package must contain the following documents:
Obligations of an IRCM principal investigator supporting an application:
- To select and support one single candidate from the applications received by interested students.
- To submit the chosen candidate’s application to academic affairs by the deadline.
- To commit to paying part of the stipend in accordance with IRCM regulations.
- To encourage the student’s participation in the IRCM’s summer seminar program.
Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee composed of IRCM principal investigators. Evaluations will be based on the following criteria:
- Interest for biomedical research and desire to pursue graduate training
- Quality of the letter of intent
- Academic record