On Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at Le Windsor Ballrooms, during the annual dinner Hommage à la découverte (A tribute to discovery), the IRCM Foundation gave $1,493,909 to the IRCM for the year 2013 to support its scientific projects, its training activities and the recruitment of new researchers.
Results from the 2013 annual dinner were also unveiled during the event, which was presided by Jean-Pierre Léger, President and CEO of St-Hubert Group. A net amount of $221,670 was collected. In addition to helping recruit new researchers, this sum will be used to grant scholarships to deserving IRCM students and postdoctoral fellows.
The event, which brought together nearly 400 people from the business, academic and philanthropic sectors, was hosted by Joël Legendre, who helped guests discover or rediscover the IRCM and its Foundation with the help of an interactive quiz.
You can take a look at photos of the event on the IRCM’s Facebook page.
THANK YOU TO OUR PARTNERS:
St-Hubert Group Inc.
Bombardier | HVAC | Hydro-Québec | National Bank | Norton Rose Fulbright | Pipe & Piling Supplies Ltd | Power Corporation of Canada | RBC Royal Bank
Thank you to our Ambassadors Committee:
- Marie-Hélène Nolet (Committee Chair), Assistant Vice President, Corporate Relations and Partnerships, Business Development Bank of Canada
- Marie-Line Beauchamp, President, Les Rôtisseries St-Hubert Ltd
- Yves Berthiaume, Executive Director, clinic and clinical research, IRCM
- Michel Chrétien, Emeritus research professor, IRCM
- Louis-Gilles Durand, Executive Director, Administration and research services, IRCM
- Alain Fontaine, Vice-President, Finance and administration, Guillevin International
- Clément Gilbert, Trustee, Fondation Arclen Blakely
- Marie-Claire Lagacé, Art Director, Moment Factory
- Michel Lespérance, Corporate Director and Member of the IRCM's Board of Directors
- Micheline Thibodeau, Radiologist, CHUM