At the time of the Insitut’s foundation, the Board of Directors is made up of:
- Marcel Piché (President of the corporation)
- Judge André Montpetit (Chairman of the Board)
- Claude Vallerand (Secretary)
- Marcel Caron (Treasurer)
- Jacques Genest (Scientific Director)
- Maurice Chartré, Édouard Martel, Joseph Blain, George B. Foster and Roland Chagnon (Board members)
These Board members all play a key role in creating a true clinical research institute. Jacques Genest also forms a medical and scientific advisory group of external high-profile researchers.